Annual General Meeting, 10 November 2018, London Irish Centre, 11:00-12:30.
40 members present, 76 voting members (online)
Chair: Dr Alex Ashman, co-leader NHA Party
Apologies were received from Kane Shaw.
2. Chair’s welcome and notices
NHA party co-leader Alex Ashman welcomed members and explained that there would be a break to allow for completion of online voting at around midday.
3. Annual report presented by co-leader, Alex Ashman
4. Finance report presented by treasurer, Naveen Judah
The 'NHA Brexit Motion for AGM' was presented by Veronika Wagner and then debated by the meeting. Various points were made about the possible outcomes of Brexit and the scope of the motion. The motion was passed by an electronic vote: 92% for, 4% against, 4% abstentions.
6. Elections of new members to the National Executive Committee
As there were four candidates for five places on the NEC all four candidates were elected unopposed and there was no requirement to vote. There was no candidate for co-leader. NEC members re-elected at the 2018 AGM:
- Louise Irvine
- David Lawrence
- Veronika Wagner
- Naveen Judah
The re-elected NEC members present introduced themselves. They join those already on the executive who were elected at previous AGMs:
- Alex Ashman (elected as co-leader 2016)
- Helen Salisbury (elected 2016)
- Marcus Chown (elected 2016)
- Alastair Fischer (elected 2016)
- Mark Jarnell (elected 2016)
- John Dean (elected 2017)
- Bernice Ancill (elected 2017)
- Andrew Sharp (elected 2017)
- Anne Summers (elected 2017)
- Harry Hayfield (elected 2017)
7. Any other business
There was some brief discussion on NHA Party policies and campaigning issues.
8. Finish and Conference
The AGM ended at 12.30pm and was followed by lunch and an open party conference with speakers and discussion, chaired by Dr Helen Salisbury.