As the Care Bill returns to parliament, campaigners are rallying opposition to the Hospital Closure Clause that would allow widespread fast-track hospital closures. Here are some actions from Keep Our NHS Public you can take today;
- Medical professionals can sign a letter co-ordinated by campaigner Dr David Wrigley here.
- People with Tory or Lib Dem MPs can write to their local MP (suggested letter here) asking them to strongly oppose this clause in parliament and get it removed from the Care Bill. You can find your MPs contact details here.
- People can also write to their local newspaper (suggested letter here). MPs worry a lot about what’s in their local paper.
- A petition organised by Louise Irvine on the 38 Degrees website already has a quarter of a million signatures and is still open to sign.
- Anyone can also submit evidence directly to the committee examining the bill - see details here and keep an eye on the Keep Our NHS Public website for more advice on that shortly.